Monday, September 1, 2008

Crate Training, House Train Guides- Go Potty ! ( and go Potty on Command ! )



House training has to be the hardest part of puppy hood...However, if you are as lucky as I was, Bebe came home from her breeder 90 % house trained !! I can't tell you how important it is to work with a GREAT Breeder !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That being said, Bebe is our first dog, and I wanted to be prepared for everything !
I liked both of these books equally. Thanks to the information they provided, I had a fully house trained puppy in no time !!
Note: The book, "How to Housebreak your dog in 7 days " is a small book, not very many pages,but still informative, and includes an easy schedule to follow.
"House training for Dummies" has tons of tips PLUS the schedule. On page 123 you can teach your dog the " GO POTTY" COMMAND, which makes me wonder why I waited so long to get a dog ! I always thought I'd be one of those people out on a dark and stormy night trying to get their dog to go potty ! Thankfully, I read this book first ! YIPPEE !!
If you're like me, and don't have all day to wait around for your pup to go potty, then PLEASE teach them to potty on command ! It is such a time saver ! I'm telling you, all the research I did really has paid off. There is a chapter on this, but also tons of info online as well. I LOVE not having to wait for her, especially as winter approaches !!
If you simply can't wait for a book to arrive, click here for help !Housetraining