Monday, September 22, 2008

Again, let me say that cotons have sensitive stomachs!

I should know better. I normally never give Bebe table food, for two reasons. I don't want a 'begging' dog, and I know Coton's have sensitive stomachs...however, I have been known to give her a few bits of leftover rice in her bowl when I'm cleaning up the kitchen from dinner, or her favorite is when I give her freshly shaved Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese mixed in with her kibbles when we have pasta. Last night I made pork chops, and I gave her 2 TINY bites, threw it in with her kibbles and she was a happy camper. All the while thinking... she's never had pork before, I hope she doesn't get sick. Well, she wasn't sick, but I did come down to 2 runny stools on the floor this morning ! She is fully housetrained, so she knows better. Bad mommy ! My fault, not Bebe's. I should have known better ! It's just best not to glance down and look under the table and see those gorgeous black eyes peering up at me. She didn't ask for it...I GAVE it to her. Ugh... anyway... it just confirms the fact that they have sensitive stomachs. I won't be doing that again !