Friday, August 22, 2008

Small Dog, GREAT with kids...and does not shed !!

I should have named her "Google", because that is exactly what I typed in when I found the Coton de Tulear breed in the search !! I waited 15 years ...looking for the PERFECT dog, that was small, AND good with children, and didn't shed.

I'm so glad I waited for the right dog. She is true to her breed. She is not yappy at all, but will alert me if someone is at the door. She quiets down immediatley when I tell her it's ok.
She is very playful with my children - ALWAYS willing to play, and just as willing to snuggle on the couch and watch tv with you ! She adapts to whatever it is you are doing. It's true, they ARE companion dogs.... they love to be near their families. It's TRUE , our Coton does NOT shed !
However, puppies will be puppies, no matter the breed, so be sure to read up on those puppy books, because you just need to be prepared for everything. But since the Coton de Tulear is so smart and willing to please, it sure has been easy to train her into good behavior !